About this session
If you’re a mid- or later-career job seeker, it may feel like there are many factors working against you while searching for new employment opportunities. This has been further compounded by unexpected changes to the workforce brought about by COVID-19. Now more than ever, it’s crucial to make sure you’re creating a focused approach to branding yourself.
In this webinar, James Kane, Director of Executive Education at Rowan University and Adjunct Instructor for SHRM HR Education at the Glasscock School will suggest useful tools to remain positive, focused and energized.
- See the big picture (planning your approach)
- Take some time to introduce yourself - to yourself! (resume, networking sheet, business cards and social media)
- Understand your network and how it works for you - and how you need to support others (support group meetings, conferences, professional associations)
- Take a reality check on your career - what did you always want to do, and never did? (assessments, research, career counselors)
- Getting ready to change direction and thrive (finding that job you really want!)
Join us for a fast-paced conversation on being ready for these challenges and help you navigate them more easily when they come your way.
James Kane, SHRM–SCP, SPHR, Director of Executive Education at Rowan University
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
12:00 PM CT
James Kane, SHRM – SCP, SPHR
Presented By James Kane
James Kane, SHRM–SCP, SPHR – Is Director of Executive Education at Rowan University. Previously served as Vice President at Synovos, where he was the Chief Human Resources Officer and led the organization’s delivery of HR solutions to the business. Mr. Kane’s expertise covers all areas of HR. Mr. Kane spent 21 years at Villanova University where he served as Director of Continuing Education, Associate Director, Human Resources and a long-time instructor for the SHRM Learning System. Mr. Kane also taught Essentials of Human Resources and directed Villanova University’s Human Resources certification programs. Mr. Kane has held HR leadership roles at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Aqua America, and AON and earned both his bachelor’s and master’s in Human Resources Development at Villanova University. Mr. Kane is an active SHRM member in the Philadelphia area, and volunteers his time to assist those in transition find new opportunities.